Am I Depressed?
Depression doesn’t come knocking your doors.
In simple words, depression is a very unusual feeling of sadness, loneliness, mental pain, numb, pretending to be happy, deep sorrow, sleepless nights, tensed days etc.
Depression is a big word, and usually in the present generation almost everyone is taking this word as their own family member, because if you are sad, we call the situation, that we are depressed, if we loosed somewhere in some contest or sports we call that situation “I am going to be depressed” this is happening now a days. Not everyone face depression, not everyone falls under depression category,
what is depression and who falls under this category?
For getting this answer you really need to know, What depression is, Its types, and do you really fall under depression?
For all this answers please follow this article DEPRESSION “The Vandal”
We really don’t know if we are depressed or not, we assume we are depressed but we are not! we are just sad about our loss in something, we are sad or in sorrow for some incident. Situation like these don’t falls under depression.
How can you define depression and how it affect our life?
Depression is like:
Human ——> living——> Negativity, negative thoughts (last for long) ——> continues—————> sadness–sorrow–loneliness–pain–emotional disturbance–mental pain————>suicidal attempts—–self harm——> Alone—->pain—–>cry—–>Human.
There is no exact scenario or a exact situation when a person is called to be depressed but there are like cases and situations when you can call a person depressed.
for example: if you have faced the following situation in your life.
- Depression is a stage in a person life when he/she find him/herself alone and separated from this world. When a person is not having enough trust in other and things other people won’t understand his/her feelings and they slowly get separated from the world.
- Here are some symptoms of loneliness:
- Loss in friendships
- fights with family
- Showing less or no interest in talking to anyone
- Fear to face people
- Feeling of being disappears from this world, pain of being born
- Low self-esteem
Loss of Interest
- The afflicted person can even lose interest in their spouse or children, family, friends, or anyone who is related to that person.
- Loss on interest from work, loss of interest to eat, loss of interest to talk to anyone.
- Even loss of interest to live in this world
Drugs and alcohol consumption
- Generally people figure it out that consumption of drug and alcohol can help them to heal their pain, to heal them or to take away form the world of pain. To get separated form this world people start getting into more habits, start getting more involved into these habits. Its like they want to run out of these situations and they just want to be free from this world. Due to all these reason they start and increase the bad habits.
Imbalance behavior changes
- Depression, sadness, mental pain have a bad impact on human brain, due to imbalance of the chemicals in brain, there is a very unusual changes in the brains of the human being, where a human being go through mood swings, sudden change in mood, sudden feeling of crying, sudden feeling of running out, sleeping etc. These are all the reason of chemical change in a human brain.
Loss in appetite
- It is very common for any person who is sad or depressed that he or she is not feeling to eat, there is a change in appetite, there is a total change in this mood to eat, he /she don’t feel like to eat, its like hunger is his best friend. Food is like less interested to a person when he/she is affected by depression.
- Depression affect the overall life of a person, in which a person feel fatigue, tired and feeling of sleep any time in day or night. What ever a person do in this period time makes him feel less interested and more tiring.
- Sleep be like the best friend of a depressed person, actually sleeping keep him/her away from the outside world due to this a person feels like sleeping all the time.
- Depression urges us to take more pain, even suicidal attempts. These feeling urges because we want to go way from this world, we want to feel free form this pain, this is the reason we want to die this is the reason we want to feel more pain.
All the above scenarios are related to depression but all the above are not the exact situations when you can judge a person is depressed or not.
Depression last for months and years and if you really find yourself depressed form year and facing the above scenarios, then please take medical help or psychiatrist help. Because your life is precious and your life derives many people live.
Before taking any action in your life think about the person closely attached to your life.
How to deal depression?
Figuring it out you are depressed or not is difficult, but if you even feel and think you might be depressed you can do the following things to heal yourself and kick out depression from your life.
- Your family is what you need!
- Talk to your family, talk to the person who understand you the most.
- Talk to your mom, dad and try to tell them what you are facing, its not the point of fear that they will not understand you, THEY WILL UNDERSTAND YOU, they are yours only since you was born. May be they take time to understand you but they will understand you.
- choose your cousin as your friend and try to explain your situation.
- Find the right person to guide you in your situation.
- A friend is in need a friend indeed, go back to your best friend, talk to your best friends, hang out with them, they to tell your situation and its is sure they will understand your life and your situation. You never know the result if you are not stepping forward for it.
3. Your Passion, your love your work, this is difficult to do when you are depressed but its success rate is high to defeat depression in your life, when you are engage with your life, engage with your time, engage with your work that time you don’t need anything or no other thought comes in your mind apart from your work.
4. Start remember your remembering your life, start realizing your life when you were happy living your life, see yourself in mirror and compare your present with your past when you were happy and having the sprite to live your life. Its never to late to start now.
5. Start doing exercises and yoga or listen to music, keep yourself clean, eat healthy keep yourself surrounded by positivity.
6. Ask for a friend like us. SMILES ON FACES, FillingWords, with this sole motive we want to help everyone who are facing sadness, depression or any kind of mental and emotional pain.
FILLINGWORDS, SMILES ON FACES
ITS NEVER TO LATE TO START WITH A SMILE ON FACE.
Feel free to discuss your pain, sorrow, tensions with us. We are all ears to listen to you.
Any suggestion, any thoughts, any queries please feel free to ask.